As runners it is so important to have strong hips and strong abs. Building strength in your hips and abs will also build a stronger back and reduce your chance of overall injury.
I created an easy 5 minute hip workout and 5 minute ab workout that anyone can complete at home!
(I had some little "helpers" in the making of these, so I apologize for all of the photo bombing.)
1) 1 Minute Side Leg Raises (30seconds each side)- laying on side, supporting yourself on your arm, or laying flat raise and lower your leg as many times as possible in the 30 seconds. Making sure your hips are nicely stacked on top of one another :)
1) Runners Crunch- Start laying flat, crunch up, pulling one knee into your chest. Hold it there for a moment while tightening your abdominal muscles. Repeat with the opposite leg. keep repeating for 1 minute.
3) Side Plank (30 seconds each side). Be sure that your hips are once again stacked on top of each other check to make sure that your shoulder is in a line with your elbow. As an alternative, you could do this from your hands instead of elbows.
4) Plank for 1 Minute. Making sure that you are nice and flat, parallel with the ground. Your hips should not be drooping, nor should they be elevated. Your elbows should be directly under your shoulders.
5) Leg Drops- Laying flat on your back (I like to place my hands under my hips to support my lower back), lower and raise your legs. This can be done 1 leg at a time or both legs at once. Your head can be elevated or laying flat, but make sure to tighten your abs! Continue for 1 Minute.
Thank you everyone for watching, reading and taking part!