Tuesday 18 February 2014

Running in the Mountains

What a wonderful Long weekend away at my parents in the beautiful mountains of British Columbia! My hometown of Sparwood is home to the World's Largest Dumptruck.

I had made a run across the border to pick up my new gym gear which included running shoes, an armband, a new gym bag and of course all of my new INKnBURN!
I have to say that I am seriously IN love with my new denim pants and denim dragonfly capri pants from INKnBURN! I enjoy all of their gear, but these are by far my new faves! The denim pants look exactly like jeans, but so much more comfortable :) And the capri pants are just beautiful. I am definitely happy that I ordered a size smaller than my others as they seem to fit just a little better all over. I can't wait to wear them tomorrow.
There is so many beautiful photo opportunities here, but I chose a few from my running adventures while I was home.

The temperatures were perfect for running. There was a slight windchill at -6C, but the sun tried to come out once or twice. Mother nature could not make up her mind on my 21KM run as it would snow, then stop, then snow. By the end however, it was miserably windy and I could not see even 2 feet in front of me. Good thing I was only about 2 1/2 km from home completing my first unofficial half marathon of 2014.
I had so much fun at home in the mountains. I am very fortunate that my Mom and Dad are very supportive and were ably to hang out with my boys while I went running all weekend. I was lucky to have squeezed in a 5 mile run on Saturday and 13.1 miles on Sunday.
I also did something I usually don't do, I dared to try a "small-town spin class". I am so happy that I did.  Monday night I went to the local rec centre and participated in a 60 minute spin class. The workout was great. It was just what my legs needed to loosen up.
Myself and the boys are already looking forward to our next trip back to BC in July when we will be running in Sinister 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment