Sunday 12 January 2014

INKnBURN, Pinot Grigio and Paleo Salmon

Friday started with a great workout in my leaf tank, dragonfly shorts and my green compression socks that brought many compliments (which always makes me feel great). Our Guts and Butts workout involved lots (and lots) of sprints and a wide variety of squats, lunges, abs and more.
When I got home I discovered that they had ploughed my street, which meant more exercise (shovelling). It was the warmest it had been all month so I was quite happy and comfortable to stay in my shorts and tank and sweat a little more.
After all that exercise I definitely earned a couple glasses of wine with dinner. We chose a pinot grigio from the Okanagan to pair with our  paleo herb crusted salmon and broccolini. The wine made in Ogopogo's Lair by Prospect Winery was full-bodied, fresh and crisp and paired nicely with the spices of the salmon. At about $15/bottle it is also a nice price point for an everyday wine.

Simple Paleo Herb Crusted Salmon

2 Salmon fillets or salmon steaks (I prefer steaks, but both work nicely)
1 heaping Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp fresh or dried parsley
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Organic Dijon mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450F. Place salmon on parchment paper or foil lined baking sheet. Tope salmon with olive oil and mustard. Rub into salmon.
In a small bowl, mix together coconut flour, parsley, salt and pepper. Using a spoon sprinkle on the salmon and pat down. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your preference.

The salmon is so simple and delicious! It is one of our family favourites :)
Hope you all enjoy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment